Friday, February 4, 2011

Conventions of a Mock Epic

Good Morning Seniors,

I apologize again for my absence yesterday and want to make sure that we do not fall behind anymore.  please follow the following conventions of the mock epic on the link.


https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kuSCkI-T-9bUcmDo4qptp_6Nn_IkIEBV9skohzid_JY/edit?hl=en&authkey=CNiMw54Fs

Your mock epic must contain the elements of satire that we went over in class.  Remember a "mock" epic is making fun of the epic style.  Use grand dialect in a ridiculous way, exaggerate everything!  think about character and setting that will create irony and parody.

The draft will be due on Tuesday!

thanks,
Mrs. Breen

16 comments:

  1. is anyone having trouble opening the link above or only me, because i try to open it and it says it needs some type of permission to access. help/ideas anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I can't access it either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm having the same problem as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i asked for permission yesterday. hasn't made a difference

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm having the same problem and I tried to request permission to access it and I still cannot open the document. If anyone can open it: please post as a Doc on the Seniors FaceBook Page.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It most likely has to but nobody knows for sure besides Mrs. Breen and by the look of it she isn't going to check this until tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I repeat..how long does this have to be?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Leslie: No one knows. We've had no contact with Breen. I emailed her and I'm awaiting a response. I'll let you know if anything.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete